* No badgers were harmed in the creation of this blog *

** Not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
**

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Photos? Why?

I attended graduation for several of my friends today, and I was struck by the number of photos that people were taking. For instance, before the graduates-to-be appeared, people busily took photos of the empty stage. Why? Do they really think that they're going to want to look at that photo in the future? "Oh, lets look at the pix from Jonathan's graduation. Ooh - look, it's the stage! Can I get an 8 x 10 of that? And maybe one for my wallet, too?" One person near me took so many pictures that she killed the battery on her camera before they even started to award the degrees.

A few might have been checking light levels, focus, etcetera, but don't try to tell me that all of them were.

1 comment:

HR said...

I think of each photo I take with my film SLR as an investment and lament wasting any exposures. But now everyone's got a digital camera and it seems that taking useless pictures doesn't warrant a thought. Maybe the cost of replenishing the battery power wasted taking the pictures?