* No badgers were harmed in the creation of this blog *

** Not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
**

Sunday, September 28, 2008

STO'B 9

Author's Note|First Post|Previous|Next

Down in the cabin once more, Philip turned his attention back to his meager surroundings The chair, and the cot, now covered with papers; and under the bank of windows that formed the aftmost portion of the cabin he now saw a series of lockers that would double as seats. "Well, at least I don't have to live out of my chest," he thought aloud, realizing a moment later that his chest was still at the Crown.

* * *

In the wardroom, located below Philip's cabin, the carpenter and the engineer sat over a can of beer, discussing their new commander. "I don't know, I don't know," said engineer, "I don't know, I am sure, but the bravery to come aboard like that, no uniform, no nothing, just dressed in his working clothes." He shook his head, "I've never seen the like."

The carpenter shook his head as well, but quietly said, "Bravery, nothing. He's a fool."

Author's Note|First Post|Previous|Next

No comments: